I'm sitting on a plane in St. Louis writing this on the back of my hotel bill while waiting to go back to Arizona and all I can think about is WOW! What a convention!
There were many old friends and many acquaintances were renewed. Those of you who were unable to attend-you were missed! Hopefully you will be able
to join us next year.
• "First Timers" were out in flocks; it was so encouraging. I tried to mingle and meet everyone but I know I missed some of you. Please be sure to find me next year, the Board Members and I want to greet you personally.
• The St. Louis Zoo was phenomenal. It's where Marlin Perkins headquartered and directed for many years. The zoo's bird collection was outstanding and very diversified.
• The convention speakers were the crown jewel of the convention with myriad bird topics covered, with details from a professional and diverse slate of speakers.
• The raffies were filled with fun and exceptional prizes and lots of excitement and anticipation.
• The vender hall was filled with unique, interesting and innovative people and products. (I wound up with three giraffes, who would have thought!)
• The banquet was a great place to be Saturday night to end the convention. Swearing in commitments were made by the officers and board members. Many individual were recognized, honored and thanked.
Everyone who had the opportunity to be there, please join with me in giving a big THANK YOU to ALL those who made it look so easy and yet worked so...